Enrolment for KNIT STARS 4.0 opened on Thursday and it looks like a lot of people are getting really excited about this online event, which will take place later this fall! If you haven’t checked it out, there is still time to enrol. Click here for more.
This week, on our Channel:
We launched a series of fabrics in August and we are making a cushion from beginning to end. The cushion was actually designed by Janet Goddard using our fabrics and you can check out the free pattern at the end of this post.
OTHER NEWS THIS WEEK:
NEW!! ENGLISH STATELY HOMES, GARDENS AND KNITTING WITH ARNE & CARLOS. Welcome to our exclusive tour to some of the most beautiful homes and gardens of England! Visit the lovely gardens of Kent – also called the Garden of England – and the beautiful Cotswolds, which includes a visit to Highgrove Gardens, the residence of HRH Prince Charles. Loose your heart in some of the most romantic gardens in the world – in landscapes that will sweep you off your feet… We will visit the UKs most iconic and our favourite gardens: Sissinghurst, Hidcote and Highgrove and can’t wait to share this adventure with you! The trip will take place from June 4th-10th, 2020. Click here for more information.
COME JOIN US IN FREEPORT, MAINE! November 23rd – 24th, 2019. We are delighted to announce that we will be spending two days at the award winning hotel, the Harraseeket Inn in downtown Freeport, to teach 4 classes that will leave inspired with new knitting techniques and design ideas. This event is organised by Grace Robinson & Co. Click here for more information.
Dream Knitting Cruise from Sydney to New Zealand. Yes!!! We are delighted to announce that we are returning to Australia and visiting New Zealand in 2020. Join us for this amazing 12 day, 11 night Knitting Cruise that departs from Sydney on March 27th, 2020 and visits all the amazing sights in New Zealand! More information is available here and here.
IN OUR WEBSHOP THIS WEEK: Socktober is here and there are plenty of other sock patterns available here.
ARNE & CARLOS
A simple but stunning cushion designed by Janet Goddard using fabrics from our Nordic Garden Dream collection.
Finished size:14in square (35.6cm)
There are three cushion designs to choose from. Each cushion is pieced and/or quilted and has an envelope back.
- 15in (38.1cm) WOF fabric one for the outer square and cushion back
- 5in (12.7cm) square fabric two for the inner square
- 14 ½ in (37cm) square plain fabric for the inner backing
- 14 ½ in square (37cm) wadding
- Neutral thread for piecing
- Thread for quilting
- 14in (35.6cm) cushion pad
All cutting instructions include a ¼ in (0.65cm) seam allowance.
- Two 5 x 5 ¼ in (12.7 x 13.3cm) rectangles
- Two 5 ¼ x 14 ½ in (13.3 x 37cm) rectangles
- Two 10 x 14 ½ in (25 x 37cm) rectangles
- One 5in (12.7cm) square
To stitch the Cushion:
- To stitch the cushion top take the 5in square of fabric two and stitch a 5 x 5 ¼ in fabric one rectangle to each side. Press seams away from the centre.
- Stitch a 5 ¼ x 14 ½ in fabric one rectangle to each side of the unit completed in step one. Press seams away from the centre.
- Make a quilt sandwich using the backing, wadding and cushion top.
- Quilt ½ in away from the seam line around the centre square.
- To make the envelope back take the two 10 x 14 ½ in fabric onerectangles and on one long edge of each press under ¼ in and stitch down.
- On one of the rectangles, on the stitched edge fold over 1in so that wrong sides are facing, press and pin in place. Place this rectangle on top of the cushion front right sides facing, folded edge in the middle and pin around the outer edge. Pin the second rectangle onto the cushion front so that the stitched edge overlaps the first rectangle in the centre.
- Stitch around the outer edge of the cushion. Trim corners. Turn through.
- Insert the cushion pad.