Edit December 13th: We have uploaded 24 Christmas Balls patterns which are available digitally, by clicking here.
Happy 2nd of Advent! Today, we are finally back in the kitchen, ready to prepare some delicious “Lussekatter” (saffron buns). These traditional Christmas buns are an essential item to serve during our Lucia celebrations on December 13th. If you’ve never heard of this tradition from Sweden, Norway and the Swedish speaking parts of Finland, you can find more information here.
Check out the baking video below and you’ll find the written recipe at the end of this post.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play videos on arnecarlos.com
By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
OTHER NEWS THIS WEEK:
NEW!! The Classic Roundtrip onboard the Norwegian Coastal Express: Knitting along the world’s most beautiful coastline. September 11th-24th, 2020. We are delighted to announce this knitting trip of a lifetime to our beautiful country, Norway! This journey will be Hurtigruten’s classic roundtrip, which will take us northbound from Bergen, across the arctic circle and the North Cape, before arriving into Kirkenes and then start the journey southbound back to Bergen. This wonderful trip will last 14 days and 13 nights, out of which 11 nights will be spent onboard the newly renovated MS Finnarken and 2 nights will be spent in Norway’s second largest city: Bergen. The journey will include a visit to our favourite yarn factory Hillesvaag and loads and loads of knitting fun onboard! Half the spots for this cruise are already sold out, so make sure to book now, to avoid disappointment. More information available here.
Dream Knitting Cruise from Sydney to New Zealand. Yes!!! We are delighted to announce that we are returning to Australia and visiting New Zealand in 2020. Join us for this amazing 12 day, 11 night Knitting Cruise that departs from Sydney on March 27th, 2020 and visits all the amazing sights in New Zealand! More information is available here and here.
Check out our webshop for loads of inspiring patterns!
RECIPE FOR LUSSEKATTER
150 gr melted butter
5 dl milk
150 gr sugar
13 dl flour
50 gr yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cardamom
1 gr saffron
1 whipped egg to pensel buns
Raisins for decoration
1. Melt butter, add milk and saffron and set aside. Add some of the room temperated milk and butter mixture to the yeast, stir to dissolve the yeast and then add the rest of the liquid.
2. Mix flour, cardamom, salt and sugar into the milk, butter and yeast mixture and work into a dough, preferably using a kitchen aid. Let the dough rest and raise double its original size for about 30 minutes.
3. Add some flour to a surface and work the dough. Cut into approximately 20 pieces and shape them into the tradition s-shape (see video).
4. Put the buns on a baking sheet and let them rest for another 15 minutes while the oven heats to 250 degrees C.
5. Pensel the buns with some whipped egg and add the raisins. Baken in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, until golden.