Today, we publish our Second Advent Special before our latest episode Sit and Knit for a Bit – Christmas Countdown. Enjoy our top-rated Sit and Knit for a Bit podcast first – and our Christmas Countdown video will air at 7:30 pm CET / 1:30 pm Eastern.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play videos on arnecarlos.com
By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Recipe for traditional Pepperkaker (Gingerbread cookies).
Makes A LOT of cookies!
300 gr butter
300 gr sugar
3 dl Scandinavian dark syrup (molasses)
0.5 tsp ground clove
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground pepper
4 tsp bicarbonate of soda (Baking soda)
900 grams flour
- Heat butter, sugar and dark syrup until sugar is melted. Add clove, ginger, cinnamon and pepper, stir well and let cool down.
- Add eggs, the baking soda and flour. Stir well. At this point, the dough should be wet and sticky.
- Put the dough in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight. Once cold, the dough will have the same consistency as play-dough.
- Roll the dough down to 3mm and use a cookie cutter to make your figures. Only roll a small piece at a time and continue to store the rest of the dough in a cold place. The warmer the dough gets, the more difficult to work with it.
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees celsius and bake for 10 minutes.